About Me

My photo
I've graduated from Liverpool John Moores studying Imaginative writing. Been trying to figure out what's next. I was told by higher powers to make my own hole and not try to fit into anyone else's. That's what I plan to do.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Shit Containers

After heavy internal debate about whether to watch a film or a borrowed series, I decided to check my 3 sites. Hotmail, Facebook, Ravelry and was promptly reminded by a co worker of fibre and clay that... what is that? I have a blog? Shit. I must have forgotten it's exsistance. Like when you forget the existance of a plug lying tongs up and then you stand on the fucker a couple of months later and you feel really bad because someone may have stood on it and hurt themselves as much as you just did.

So I thought I'd actually do something about the plug, instead of letting people stumble on the blog, see the date and think, this is unloved and usless and I should just go and stand on a plug to relieve the bordem it poses.

I find it very hard to keep continuous face, webbly speaking, I tried to do project 365 days. A photo every day for a year. Upon loading my first photo I was filled with excitment, enthusiasm and energy, that maybe I could properly commite to something on the internet. And it would be piss easy. Take a photo a day. I do that anyway, I'm a fun loving person who wants to record all the wonderful things that fill my days... I haven't put up another photo since.
That was almost a month ago.

I did really believe that my interest for it may stay a little longer than 24 hours but alsa no.
Keeping a record on the internet why?
I could make excusses to why I haven't, but are there excusses because people do?
Day in and day out of their lives.
What have they cooked? What did their kids do? What is the weather doing?
I find myself scrawling through the pages and pages of blogs and becoming utterly suicidel.
Every blog is not like this of course and I realise it is a powerful advertiser for a independant product.
It is also a good way to illuminate yourselves it you want to be illuminated.

But I was put off by the shit containers in blog form.
And every time I've tried to do it myself I've asked myself does anyone care enough?
No. No they don't.
But if it makes me feel productive then fuck them.
I'm going to try and perservere with my shit container blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment