About Me

My photo
I've graduated from Liverpool John Moores studying Imaginative writing. Been trying to figure out what's next. I was told by higher powers to make my own hole and not try to fit into anyone else's. That's what I plan to do.

Saturday 11 September 2010

A celebratory drink

I feel Guilty.
Drinking Dad's Adnams but I felt I deserved a treat after spending five hours making character profiles. That's five down, five to go. I never realised they would take so looong! But I am loving every bit of it. I've done all the siblings and one of the nannies, but now I have to do three nannies and two parents.

I've already done the location research and the timeline.
Although the locations research could be better. Anybody know anything - lovely fact, grueling story - about Villeneuve in Switzerland,
Reykjavik in Iceland,
Passau in Germany
Torino (Turin) in Italy?
Anything would help as I've never visited those places but that's where part of the story is based and I want it to be as realistic as possible.
You can tell me stories OR pay for me to go there and sap up the surroundings. A week in each place would be great. Thanks.

Back to reality.
I'll be going back to Liverpool in four days. Been missing Mark FAR too much. I don't want to do this month apart thing again. It's just not cool, it throws off my concentration.

After the character profiles are done I need to out line the plot chapter by chapter and then I throw myself head long into it. And you may not hear from me for many months. Who knows, maybe even centuries... I hope not.

The long process is always the re drafting, writing after so much development should be quite enjoyable and easy... but then you can never tell until you doing it.

2 comments:

  1. You're being so creative! Damnit, my brain has shrivelled to the size of a raisin because I'm always so tired and my job requires so little mental activity.
    :-S

    No idea about the places you need info on though sorry! go on lonely planet guide online and see what it says? it might give you some ideas as to what to look into to add depth and realism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where've you gone Daiz-Maes??? Now you;re back in the arms of your lover your blog has dried up....come on, let's be 'avin' ya!

    ReplyDelete